The Glasshouse is a historic site that has been used for glassmaking since 1691. In 2000 The Ruskin Mill Land Trust purchased the then derelict factory from Royal Doulton and has been gradually transforming it over the years. It is bordered by the Stourbridge Canal and has a variety of industrial buildings that have been converted for educational, cultural, heritage and business use. The buildings and site provide a rich and creative environment for the educational and cultural development of people whilst fulfilling a key role in the regeneration of the local area. The industrial and artistic heritage embodied in the buildings and the traditions of glassmaking represent powerful forces, both symbolically and practically. This has enabled us to keep alive a cultural and economic activity that has been central to the community of Stourbridge for generations.
The Glasshouse is the collective name for the Ruskin Glass Centre, Glasshouse College, the Glasshouse Arts and Heritage Centre.
Vale Head Farm was an equestrian centre when we purchased it, and over the years hard work has seen it bloom into a beautiful biodynamic farm.Read more
A powerful story of regeneration from derelict factory to thriving social enterprise hub...Read more